CIMTool is an open source tool that supports the Common Information Model (CIM) standards used in the electric power industry. It is potentially useful for other semantic applications too. CIMTool can be downloaded in several forms from the CIMTool Download Page
What CIMTool Does
CIMTool lets you create and use profiles of a larger, global information model. The global model is generally the IEC Common Information Model with extensions. A profile is a small model used for specific application that conforms to the larger model.
- read and merge CIM and local UML models in XMI form
- browse models and check inconsistencies
- generate equivalent OWL ontologies
- create and edit profiles
- create model extensions and map models to each other
- generate XML schemas, OWL and RDFS ontologies for profiles
- validate instances against profiles (including very large CIM/XML instances)
Read more about common CIMTool tasks.
CIMTool is an Eclipse Plugin
CIMTool is implemented as a plugin for the eclipse platform. It works seamlessly with other tools on the platform (such as XML Schema editors).