Starting with CIMTool 1.6.1 it is much easier to exchange projects. There is no need to recreate the project and import its schema and profiles one by one. And no need to remember the various namespaces and other settings.
Exporting to a Zip File
To send a project to someone else create a zip file as follows:
1. Choose File > Export...
2. Choose General > Archive file and click Next.
3. Check the projects you wish to include in the zip file on the left list.
Be careful not to uncheck any of their contents or sub-folders. The .project and .cimtoo-settings files are required.
4. Select a name and location for the zip file and click Finish.
Importing from a Zip File
Assuming you have received a zip file that was created from a CIMTool project, you can add it to your current eclipse workspace as follows:
1. Choose File > Import...
2. Choose General > Existing Projects into Workspace and click Next. Don't choose the Archive file wizard here.
3. Choose "Select archive file" and click Browse...
4. Locate your zip file. There is no need for it to be unzipped, If it is named .zipped instead of .zip be sure to adjust the file type filter to *.*
5. The projects found in the zip file will now be listed. Check the ones you wish to add to the workspace and click Finish.
Tip: if a project in the zip file has the same name as an existing project in the workspace it cannot be imported. In that case the workspace project should be renamed before running the import wizard. Right click the project in the project explorer and choose Rename...
Importing from Another Workspace
To copy a project from one workspace to another:
1. Run eclipse in the destination workspace and follow the import procedure.
2. Instead of choose an archive file select the source workspace directory as the "root directory". The wizard will list all the projects found under this directory.
3. Complete the import procedure as usual.
There is no need to export the projects from the source workspace if it is directly accessible.
Note: It is not a good idea to exchange entire workspaces between different users or hosts. Workspaces metadata is not generally portable. Use projects instead.